Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanks Martin

Just finished reading the history of Martin Luther...all I can say is WOW!!!

What a strong man, who feared God utterly, who valued the Word above the church, who slapped the Catholic church down when it was the only game around, who was often in danger and yet translated the Word into German, who reformed the very way church functioned, who married a woman, who supported him well.

I'm amazed and heartened by all these saints who've gone in front of me.

Makes my own sadness and pain seem so light in comparision.

"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do all to the GLORY of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Have you seen the movie "Luther," by chance? My husband and I watched it several years ago and, if I recall correctly, we thought it was fascinating and thought-provoking...and very sad.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net