Sunday, December 28, 2008

You Know You Came From a Small Town When...

...you land at the "international" airport and recognize 8 kids from your graduating high school class...when you run into your boyfriend from sophomore year at the mall...AND you can't go anywhere without recognizing someone!
I adore my anonymity in Colorado...those people have no history with me and that's the way I like it. They know me as an adult only and I don't have any weird vibes from them. It's not like I have bad memories from this place or dislike any of these people, they're great, but I just hate all the interaction that happens with it. I want to hang out with a small handful of people and that's it.

Does anyone else feel this way when they go to their hometown?!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I have developed something of a reputation for running into people I know, the most recent example was in New York City, of all places. I love it! Because of that, I was surprised that you don't enjoy your "small world" experiences. Now that I think about it, though, there are a few people I'd prefer not to bump into. Life has some awkward moments better left unremembered!

Leanne said...

Yep. After being away for ten years we moved back 'close' to the area I grew up in. One of the kid's I went to school with is one of my kid's teachers and I keep running into old friends, it's good and bad but mainly just weird