Monday, December 01, 2008

A Sign Your Kid Is (Too?) Comfortable at the Neighbor's House

We finally were blessed with snow this week and the kids were psyched. On Sunday they spent 3 hours sledding down the neighbor's hill.
I called my neighbor and told her how excited I was that they were having so much fun out there. She laughed and said, "Well, Caedmon actually came in a half hour ago. I was folding laundry in my room. He came in, said hi, climbed under the blankets on my bed and said, "Hey Steph, could you hand me the remote please?" So, I said sure and now my son is in here snuggling with him".
Wow, talk about owning your space! I'm so incredibly blessed that we've built a relationship like this with our neighbors and their kids. I adore Steph and her kids! It's exactly what I've been desiring in a neighborhood because it's what I had growing up.
Are your kids comfortable with the 'hood?

No comments: