Thursday, October 02, 2008

Sing a Song of Pirates and Pippy!

Singing has been a love of mine for a long time...something I hope to pass on to my kids. There are certain songs that we really enjoy singing.

The Backyardigans always have LOTS of catchy tunes on them. We took one that said "What do you do with a scurvy (said very growly) pirate..." and changed it to "What do you do with a scurvy mommy, make her walk the plank". Then I sing it right back at them and tell them they're going to walk the plank. This silly motivation is often enough to get them cleaning their room.

My son is also stuck on the theme song from the movie, "The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking". He sings it in a very loopy, goofy tone AND sings it ALL the way to his sister's school in the morning. Needless to say, I turn NPR up...a lot.

Both kids have caught onto the fact that I need some fun music to clean house quickly...we'll often blast some Imagination Movers if they're helping me dust.

A world without tuneage would be a blase world indeed!

This post was written as part of the Parent Bloggers Network's weekly Blog Blast! Check it out here: http://blog.parentbloggers.com/ . This week they're teaming up with Bush's Beans as host of this contest. Check out Bush's Beans here: http://www.beanchant.com

No comments: