Sunday, August 10, 2008

Let The Countdown Begin!

My sweet girl is starting 1st grade on Tuesday and I couldn't be happier. Seems like too much free, unscheduled time brings out the whiny's in my kiddos. They were fine up until 2 weeks ago...then my house became the most boring place on the planet for them. It was a hard week anyway since their friends across the street were on vacation.

To top it off, my horrormones were off the charts last week, my hubby was out of town AND I had to go buy school supplies. I HATE BUYING SUPPLIES...I was going to buy the pre-packaged set from the store, but they were all out. So, now I'm trying to decipher the descriptions of various writing implements and notebooks they have to have on Tuesday.
My son starts pre-K in 2 weeks and I have a feeling it will be hard on him to be the only kid in the house. He's going to be badgering me to allow him to play 3 hours of James Bond and Sonic a day I'm sure.

How are you and your munckins handling the run up to school?

No comments: