Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Da Traditions

We all have them this time of year, even if it's a tradition to avoid following tradition. Being in only my 6th year of marriage, hubby and I are still meshing our traditions together.
Thanksgiving was always about the food. It was always the same and I always lusted after the dark meat long before the day came. My mom made gravy from scratch and I never make gravy. I'm no good at it and I'm now concerned about the health of it, so "so long" gravy. I still make this heavenly dessert that we had at Thanksgiving and Christmas. My mom actually keeps the receipe close to her heart: Cranberry Cake with Hot Butter sauce!
My parents never went in for Black Friday mania, but that's become a tradition I implemented for myself three years ago. I was afraid that it was going to be an insane bloodbath, but I have yet to run into any carnage.

I'm recommending this website because it's helped me on Black Friday...there are a couple of these sites out there: http://bfads.net/

happy hunting!

In Pursuit of the Proverbs 31 Woman is giving away a HD DVD player over on her site...check it out! http://www.inpursuitofproverbs31.com/2007/11/win-toshiba-hd-dvd-a2-player-contest.html

1 comment:

Amico Dio said...

I LOVE black friday and that site is such a help with planning! I can't wait to go again this year. I am totally blogging it this year though!

Thanks for sharing. I will draw a winner tomorrow!