Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Meanest Mom

Sometimes I have days when I'm all about me...and the kids unwittingly get the shaft. These are the days when I set the timer for rest time, and SOMEHOW (couldn't be me?!) 20 minutes seems to last 2 hours. I'm the mom who will sometimes stick them in the corner for minor infractions just so I can take a breath.
My daughter would say I'm SO MEAN because I don't let her play outside past 7:30 and how dare I put her to bed at 8:00 every night.
I've had my spells over the years of almost daily meanness. Back when I was suffering from some post-partum depression and too much time indoors. I'm glad that most (wish I could say all) of my mean mom moments are all in their heads.

3 comments:

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

most all are in their heads.. :) i'm just waiting for my kids to grow up so i'm not so stupid... at least in their eyes... :)

thanks for playing!

Tarasview said...

we all have mean mom moments. Real and imagined!

Karen Hossink said...

8:00 every night??? Wow. You are mean! LOL
Good job, Mom.