Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"The Man" Is Such a Drag

While talking with my women's group tonight I was reminded of how much I hate authority figures. I loath know-it-all people in positions of authority. I am not over confrontational with them, but I seeth under the service and wish that their toes would become piles of green fungus!

I KNOW many of my authority dislikes are ridiculous and really (and I mean really) unfounded. Here's some you may recognize:

Rush Limbaugh: My dad was/is thoroughly devoted to this man's radio show. I was swamped by his voice from a young age and watched my dad wear his "Ditto Head" shirt and say his catch phrases for years. The man just thinks its his way or no way. In my late teens I listened to him because he was the only man I knew who talked about politics. I'm not sure this one is entirely misplaced.

Bill O' Reilly: He is just so cutting and rude! Once again, the man thinks he knows it all.

Dr. James Dobson: Are you shocked? My mom followed his advice religiously (maybe slightly legalistically) while we were growning up...so, I decided all my mom's fears were his fault. Granted, as an adult I realize his intentions are really good, but the man is still a menace to my senses.

I think what it comes down to for me is that anyone who sets themself up as the person with all the answers is awful. I only believe one Person to have all the answers and it just so happens He created all the questions. Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight (NPR anyone?).

How does this go over with my hubby since he's kind've one of the know-it-alls? Well, he loves me and my opinion and I've found that he's usually right. Oh yeah, and we don't talk politics :0)

No comments: