Monday, October 29, 2007

It's Been A Hard Day's Night

I love those late night premonitions...you know the one: The one where your son comes in to your bed and you KNOW barf is going to come flying out of that mouth in 30 seconds. Unfortunately I didn't run his little body to the bathroom fast enough for our bedroom floor to not be graces with carrots. Why isn't there a good smell to vomit?!

As soon as he's in the tub I start triaging: "Hmmm, chunks on floor need to be up first, baking soda, vacuum, clothes soaking in washer, give son reassuring smile so he knows he's not an awful person." The cycle started at 1 AM and barf made an appearance at least once an hour until 8 AM.

4 comments:

Patriot said...

Long night at your house, huh?

New giveaway this week for American made toys! Come on over to check it out - and spread the word!

Have a fantastic week!!

Anonymous said...

Ick! I'm so averse to barf I sleep in a different room and let hubby handle it. What a woman you are ;) Hope your boy is feeling better.

Tarasview said...

oh... icky. I sure hope your day gets better!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I remember those days. Mine is grown now but I remember. One time to his amazement I actually cupped my hands to catch it, he is still amazed to this day. Big points for the momma :)