Sunday, September 16, 2007

What I've Learned

It's been a very, VERY long three days for me. My super fun neighbor brought a 3-day cleanse to me and asked if I would do it with her. Between the less caffeine and the jogging I thought, "Hey, why not go all out." I'm on day three and I haven't never smelled so...er, herby and woody. I feel like birchbark tea is oozing out my pores.

So, here's a couple of things I've learned:

-I have stunk worse than I ever have after pork & beans.

-While drinking 3 cups of tea a day sounds good sometimes, reality is a bugger!

-Tofu is not nearly as scary as I think it is.

-Living w/o sugar added foods and dairy isn't as hard as I thought it was.

-When in pain, ad lib on the receipes.

-Shitake mushrooms are so good!!!

-Miso paste is the devil

I don't know how to say this delicately, but this whole thing is supposed to clean you out and produce a lot of waste. I haven't had that happen...other than being super stinky, my system has been normal. I can't decide if that means my system was already well-cleansed or if I'm having a system malfunction.

Emma from It's Write Now is giving away an ipod nano w/ video. Go to this post if you want to enter: http://www.itswritenow.com/category/networking/contests/ .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks your in.

Just Me said...

Wow!! You sound like your having the quite the 'Scent' experience on your cleanse! you go girl...but I'm glad you don't live too close!

Tarasview said...

perhaps the "waste products" are waiting for just the right moment (like in the middle of an important event of some sort) to exit your body.

My mom keeps trying to convince me to do a cleanse. So far I have been using breastfeeding as an excuse not to.

You are very brave. well done.

Unknown said...

I'll just drink more water. I tried a daily detox supplement for awhile and the results were, erm, explosive.