Sunday, September 30, 2007

Girls Weekend

It was the Men's Retreat this weekend at our church. What do mom's do when their hubbies are gone?? Have a sleepover!!

The kids and I spent Friday night with my friend L. and her two kids. This is one of my favorite people because she's so fun and there's never a lull in the conversation. L. , knowing my hubby is not a drinker, got us wine coolers for the evening. And (because our guys always do it without us) we made nargila. Nargila is a Turkish water pipe that uses coals and flavoured tobacco. The tobacco comes in great flavours like mint, apple and cappucino!! After we got the munchkins to sleep we sipped Pomegranate Raspberry wine coolers, smoked apple tobacco, at cheddar popcorn and watched "Grey's Anatomy". What a great night of guilty pleasures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you just described was such an atypical thing for women would do with a night to themselves. Very cool. I'm actually stunned--pleasingly so.

Bebemiqui said...

I only have a handful of friends who enjoy nargila and a little alcohol. What's funny is that I don't smoke...I've never smoked anything other than nargila. It was a total surprise to me that I even liked it.