Saturday, August 25, 2007

Family

Over the weekend we were in TN for the wedding of J's grandpa. His wife died of cancer 2 years ago. For the last 2 years he's done many things he never would've otherwise done. Now, he's marrying a wonderful lady (widow) and is on the marriage horse again.



As some of you know, I'm not into weddings...didn't have one of my own cause they're not my cup 'o tea. Well, sitting in the B&B and watching the amount of caring family that gathers around these two old lovebirds made me feel like this is the way wedding ought to be done. They've been through a lot and know a lot of what they're getting into by saying those vows to each other. They had great-grandchildren there to cheer them on!! I think J and I renewing our vows on our 25th or 30th anniversary would hold so much more weight than any ceremony we could've done at the beginning.



With this gathering of family came the usual fights and outbursts that I've come to expect from this family. Some new struggles were voiced by my SIL that made me sad.

Had to give in on coffee yesterday when we got back to CO...I had been up since 3am and was afraid that other shoppers in Target were thinking I was a drunk mom pushing my kids through the grocery section. But I'm back on the sans-caffeine wagon today...yeah for me (use a flat tone).

No comments: