Monday, April 30, 2007

Gotta Love the Man

So, Jason is now working the ticket counter now for an airline and is enjoying it. In order to keep people from throwing up their hands leaving their employment, the airline assigns new employees a "mentor". That's fancy talk for someone showing you the ropes.
A couple days ago Jason came home and said that his mentor is from Arizona and "may not be an extreme liberal." (this is apparently a huge accomplishment)
Then, he came home yesterday looking like he'd won the lottery.

"My mentor's either a libertarian or a repulican!!"

Me: "Great, whoopee." (notice my political excitement)

"AND he LICENSES people to carry a CONCEALED weapon!!!"

Me: "Okayyyyy, why is that cool."

"He said he could license me to carry a CONCEALED weapon."

Me: "Um, why would you want to and where would you carry it?"

"I don't know, but I could carry a CONCEALED weapon!"

I don't think he's thought this one through very well though. He will deny it up and down, but the guy looks like he's Middle Eastern. Given the U.S. 's current view of that part of the world, part of me worry's about him. He already gets profiled every time we go overseas.
Apparently this is as close as my dear hubby can get to being as cool as James Bond. Plus now he could walk around downtown with a missile launcher stuck in his pant leg. Pfh! Boys!

No comments: