Sunday, December 03, 2006

Walking the Fine Edge of Faith

That's where I'm sitting.

I was able to retreat this weekend and focus back on what REALITY really is...

"Hi Reality, we haven't talked in awhile and I love all the honesty you bring to the conversation!"

I highly recommend reading George Mueller's autobiography and "Rees Howells: Intercessor"...both books have changed the very fiber of my life's direction. Their lives were incredibly difficult from a logical standpoint, and yet their growth and faith are something that I continue to desire. To be honest, I'm not sure I have the guts to live as they lived.

All this leads up to me getting home today and laughing when I find out we don't have enough money for rent that ought to be paid by Dec. 5th. How fitting of God to call me back to the place of His providence.

How short are we? Short enough, but I know that God's will is going to prevail. To be honest, part of me hopes He waits to answer until the 5th. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

L & H said...

I'm right there with you . . . I have similiar circumstances. I appreciate your honesty and your faith. I'm encouraged because sometimes, ok most of the time I feel that God is punishing me, but I know thats not the case, I just need a different perspective, more like the fact that He is growing me in faith.

L & H said...

I'm right there with you . . . I have similiar circumstances. I appreciate your honesty and your faith. I'm encouraged because sometimes, ok most of the time I feel that God is punishing me, but I know thats not the case, I just need a different perspective, more like the fact that He is growing me in faith.