Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Not much...You?!

I've been listening to a lot of NPR the last couple of days...it had everything to do with a dead elk.

Jason shot a cow elk on Friday and I became the lone meat grinder and wrapper...if any of you have ever seen how much meat is on an elk you are probably very impressed by this point. I spent Sunday (1pm-10:30pm) up to my elbows in meat. As one of my friends pointed out, I'm a Montana girl/ hunter's daughter at heart because I didn't start hating what I was doing until 8:00! I have fond memories of sitting in my dad's garage hacking away at a dead animal. That didn't keep me from having meat dreams all Sunday night.

The main upside to all of this is that I don't have to buy meat for the next year...also, I love the taste of wild game and really can't stomache the taste of beef very well.

Sorry for the long amount of time of no blogging. I just haven't had the inclination. I have too much holiday related thinking going on right now and not enough inspiration. Thanks Mary and Gabe for the fun visit and Brit for the funny story mid-meat mess! Toodles!

No comments: